A Stress-free and Healthy Travel Checklistshare
Planning a trip for your family is a daunting task, especially if you are taking an extended vacation abroad. There are online checklists you can download to let you know how to pack for certain terrains, how to get through security, and activities to try when you reach your destination; but do you know what measures to take to ensure you and your family have the safest and healthiest trip possible? Not forgetting these other important necessities will ensure your upcoming vacation is stress-free.
Before you leave:
- Give your complete travel itinerary, including phone numbers for the places you’re staying, to friends and family.
- Check with your insurance company to determine your coverage abroad.
- Make sure your immunizations are up-to-date.
- Pack extra prescriptions, and keep them in their original bottles. Some countries have strict narcotic laws.
- Pack all medications and eyeglasses in your carry-on, just in case your checked baggage gets lost.
While you’re on vacation:
- Carry insurance cards, claim forms, generic names of your prescriptions and a letter from your doctor regarding health history, medications, allergies and immunization records.
- Use bottled water when brushing your teeth.
- Eat foods that are steaming hot and well-cooked.
If you’re planning a road trip, be sure you have an emergency kit with you. We recommend:
- A first aid kit
- Emergency blanket
- Water and food
- External chargers for cell phones and extra batteries for other devices
Traveling is always a good time, but it’s even better when you’re prepared. Taking the proper safety and health precautions can eliminate stress and ensure your vacation is what it should be: fun!